Sunday, August 30, 2009
This edition of the book has undergone a significant reorganization. The section on Therapeutic Principles has been expanded to include new chapters: Principles of Antithrombotic Therapy, Immune Cell Therapy, and Vaccine Therapy, along with revised versions of Principles of Chemotherapy, Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, Hemapheresis, Gene Therapy, and Management of Infections in the Compromised Host.
Dacie and Lewis Practical Haematology
S. Mitchell Lewis, Barbara J. Bain, and Imelda Bates
Often referred to as "the bible of hematology," this highly successful, practical manual is the place to turn to for every aspect of laboratory hematology. The book covers all of the techniques used in the investigation of patients with blood disorders, including the latest technologies as well as the tried-and-true manual methods of measurement. It comprehensively discusses which test to use for each situation, the principles of each test, possible causes of error, and the interpretation and clinical significance of the findings. Each chapter conforms to a template, providing quick, easy access to key information. Extensive updates throughout bring you expert guidance on advancing technologies as well as contemporary laboratory organization and management, while retaining the strengths that have made this book an essential reference on laboratory hematology for over 50 years!
- Contains crucial instructions for performing and interpreting lab tests in any sized laboratory.
- Provides complete coverage of all levels of diagnostic testing from the basic to the most advanced.
- Uses helpful decision trees to make the critical information you need easy to locate and understand.
- Features state-of-the-art information on the hottest areas of the field, including Diagnostic Radionuclides in Hematology and Molecular and Cytogenetic Techniques.
- Demonstrates important lab findings with over 300 illustrations and color photographs.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
- This BOOK presents a comprehensively illustrated overview of the techniques now routinely employed in the investigation and diagnosis of disorders of the male urogenital system.
- It is organised by disease rather than procedure, so enabling the reader to review the techniques available and make an informed choice of the tests to be carried out in each case.
- Topics covered include renal function, UTIs, BP and LUTS, Stone Disease, Erectile Dysfunction and cancers of the prostate, bladder, kidney and testis.
- For each, the authors comment on the utility and correct use of appropriate investigations, including laboratory analyses, blood tests, histopathology, urodynamics and flowmetry, and diagnostic imaging.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
This book is intended to provide practicing endocrinologists and other allied health professionals with a comprehensive and up-to-date source for all endocrine procedures used in the assessment of patients with potential endocrine disorders.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Comprehensive atlas for professionals, residents, and students. Compendium of 753 color images illustrating the major divisions of diagnostic microbiology, including bacteriology, virology, parasitology, and mycology.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
The text describes human histology and its variations, with emphasis on avoiding overdiagnosis or misdiagnosis of normal variants. Immunohistochemical findings in normal tissues have been added, based on the latest antibody panels.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Neoplastic Diseases of the Blood
Peter H. Wiernik, John M. Goldman, Janice P. Dutcher, Robert A. Kyle
Cambridge University Press
Six new chapters are included in this edition,and all other chapters have been extensively revised and updated.The new chapters concern the epidemiology of chronic leukemias, molecular biology and cytogenetics of chronic myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes,cytokines and signal transduction in multiple myeloma,umbilical cord stem cell transplantation, and HLA typing in hematopoietic cell transplantation.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
It has remained throughout that time as the authoritative source of information for residents, students, and other trainees in the discipline of clinical pathology and laboratory medicine and for physicians and laboratorians in that practice.
Color Atlas of Hematology: Practical Microscopic and Clinical Diagnosis
Harald Theml, Heinz Diem, Torsten Haferlach
Thieme Medical Publishers
A Flexibook for both the specialist and non-specialist, the new book offers accessible information on hematology in a succinct format. In addition to providing basic methodology, the book utilizes more than 260 color illustrations to detail the most up-to-date clinical procedures. Numerous tables and flow charts are included to assist in differential diagnosis, making this a valuable didactic reference for nurses, practicing physicians and residents preparing for board examinations.
Dr. Norman Beck
The book is restricted to adult haematology, for practical reasons. While there are considerable areas of similarity between adult and paediatric haematology, there are also very significant differences. Thus, the only congenital diseases discussed in this book are those that can present after childhood and occasionally those that pose a significant problem in adult practice. Generally these are discussed only briefly. Often with these the assistance of a haematologist would have to be sought anyway. Sometimes even the haematologist may have to further consult someone sub-specializing in paediatric haematology.
Monday, August 10, 2009
This book provides an easily comprehensible and practicable framework for standardised histopathology reports in surgical cancer. It details the gross description, histological classification, tumor differentiation, extent of local tumor spread, involvement of lymphovascular channels, lymph nodes and excision margins of the common carcinomas and also summarises non-carcinomatous malignancies.