Dacie and Lewis Practical Haematology
S. Mitchell Lewis, Barbara J. Bain, and Imelda Bates
Often referred to as "the bible of hematology," this highly successful, practical manual is the place to turn to for every aspect of laboratory hematology. The book covers all of the techniques used in the investigation of patients with blood disorders, including the latest technologies as well as the tried-and-true manual methods of measurement. It comprehensively discusses which test to use for each situation, the principles of each test, possible causes of error, and the interpretation and clinical significance of the findings. Each chapter conforms to a template, providing quick, easy access to key information. Extensive updates throughout bring you expert guidance on advancing technologies as well as contemporary laboratory organization and management, while retaining the strengths that have made this book an essential reference on laboratory hematology for over 50 years!
- Contains crucial instructions for performing and interpreting lab tests in any sized laboratory.
- Provides complete coverage of all levels of diagnostic testing from the basic to the most advanced.
- Uses helpful decision trees to make the critical information you need easy to locate and understand.
- Features state-of-the-art information on the hottest areas of the field, including Diagnostic Radionuclides in Hematology and Molecular and Cytogenetic Techniques.
- Demonstrates important lab findings with over 300 illustrations and color photographs.