Introduction to Modern Virology, 6th ed,
N. J. Dimmock, A. J. Easton, and K. N. Leppard
Blackwell Publishing Ltd
The book is now illustrated in full color throughout and three types of text boxes have been included. Text features now comprise:
• Highlight boxes – draw attention to important points (pink, unnum- bered boxes).
• Evidence boxes – provide experimental evidence for certain key facts and give additional detail (yellow, numbered boxes).
• Detail boxes – for in-depth study (green, numbered boxes).
• Integrated questions at the end of chapters – prompt students to digest and synthesize the information they have been reading about.
• Summaries at the end of chapters – review the key messages from the chapter.
• Additional readings – include suggestions for more information for the interested student or for research projects.